Tuesday, April 14, 2009

to bless the morning




As day closes may the grip

of loose ends relax, may your heart

find release, may loosening bring
simplicity, dawn bringing
stirrings,
refreshing new pledge

may spirit, body, soul
be replenished, may
each day's
gift become your joy,
be it
butterfly, rainbow, blossom,

or bright skyflung dawn


Express the heart's longing cry!


morningtide come! sunrise phenomenal!

Should yesterday's plan become

fodder for today's fire, may this
too inspire
beginning, invigorated
with wish,
blessing, dream,
for thought, word and deed.

6 comments:

Shadow said...

you make me long for the new day! beautiful words!

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

beautiful!

Jack said...

"Rise, rise 'n shine
A new day is coming
Rise, rise in time
For everything under the sun" ~Extreme: Rise 'N ShineHope your week is going well Larry :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

This reminds me of the song...
"Morning has broken, like the first morning." I can't remember the title of the Cat Stevens song? When I do, I'll let you know.

clean and crazy said...

what a lovely way to bring in the day.

Amber said...

Express the heart's longing cry!
I love it!