Tuesday, July 21, 2009

to bless memory


Memories past, current and those to be - can and
should be cultivated,
treasured, revered for
the prizes
they are, and secondly for the
value they bring
to life. The harvest of memory
brings
intrinsic wealth to every age,
for there
is much recorded there.

M
emory is the "every person" of life, there
may be pain, panic, remorse, shame,
there
may be joy, laughter, satisfaction,

memory crowns individualism and honors
every
joining that has been shaken off
or
embraced throughout life.


I named memory a healing grace when I heard
my own
father say, "Smelling that recipe, brings
back
sixty years of memories."

May memory's providential nature bring
every gift its just reward and offer healing
for
the difficulties, for there is nothing as it truly is except
the memory of it says so.

So, as days lengthen and sunset
draws near, may
memory be the annuity that pays
the greatest
dividends of life's
hope, dream and passion.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

a wonderful blessing.
thank you for sharing,

stephanie said...

Ah yes, yes, yes to all of the above; well said. I particularly enjoy "harvest of memory."

Just today I had a sensory memory - leaving a parking garage, the scent of exhaust made me remember the time I spent in my grandpa's wrecking yard and my dad's garage.

Brilliant feature God included in us.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

"Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you."

Lovely, Larry!

Kay said...

great sentiment here...(chuckling) I think of how much I do not remember, often even why I left one room to enter another....blissful the task of remembering