Friday, December 19, 2008

listening for herald angels


listening for herald angels, brings reverence to pausing -
the story a child tells, watch a mother take a hand -
see children love each other, riding sitting in the cart

listening for herald angels, brings reverence to pausing -
a cancer victim's story, elicits prayerful response-
the newspaper's details, a prayer book of its own-

listening for herald angels, brings reverence to pausing -
reminds fragility of life, and hope springs eternal
sure and sublime laughter in the angel's voices

10 comments:

Shadow said...

oh, how moving! yes, now, is a good time!!!

Jessie said...

i agree w/Shadow; very moving indeed! i love the line, "newspaper's details, a prayer book of its own."

Made in Rubim said...

Qual é a sua língua ? (i'am brazilian)

Danielle said...

It is always a good reminder that the voices of angels are all around us and in the most unexpected of places. Thanks for the reminder.

Jack said...

This is wonderful. I like your photo of the angel. Thanks to you, starting today, I'm taking the time to enjoy the season and trying to get too stressed out this Holiday.

Happy Friday Larry!

stephanie said...

Yes to everything.

This is the best part of teaching - noticing the angels in the room (sometimes with dirty faces).

Thanks, Larry.

Maude Lynn said...

This is stunning and moving and so much more!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Ethereal, Larry! So beautifully expressed!

Anonymous said...

Aah how little we realize how much angels guide us in our daily life!

As I was decorating for Christmas this year, I realized that I have so many angel ornaments and decorations.

Well deserved. Nice poem.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Larry, if I don't make it back here before then.

Thank you for your friendship and inspiration!