Friday, December 12, 2008

unfinished


there is myth, that informs our humanity -
and there are personal myths subscribed to individually -
the bite of the myth of completeness stings the heart
-
when perfection seeks to tie every loose end -
giving gets crushed in the grinder of completeness -
living with loose ends is a not an option -
there are always 'growing edges' in life -
awareness can be difficult but that completeness myth -
kills creativity - creativity is the jumping off place -
not the place where everything is placed carefully in order -
creativity thoughtful and replete instigates - snowballs - avalanches -
and the completeness of lava flow is esoteric -
the myth becomes accepted as an instruction not a law -
who hurts, who cries, who hopes...

----------------------

this is unfinished, by design
inspiration thankfulness...

7 comments:

J-Online said...

I love your new Christmas banner! Great post

Shadow said...

amazing thinking! unfinished, maybe...

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Have you ever read Natalie Goldberg's "Wild Mind", Larry. I ask because you seem to have captured the very essence of the book which is to write not using any editing. Just get those thoughts down! Unfinished exudes energy, creativity, life! It's wonderful! And I highly recommend,
"Wild Mind", Larry!

Jessie said...

interesting post. i think of loose edges as roots that have not yet found their home. :-)

Meg said...

Nice post, and we'll see.

Maude Lynn said...

This really speaks to me. I love the way you think!

clean and crazy said...

this is very thought provoking, I love people with an open mind