Tuesday, January 6, 2009

to Bless a Blogger - blessing #1


When the server stops serving,
the broadband is only a wire,
the cell phone dropped in the drink glass,
may the internal message of communication
be saved from application to hard disk.

And as the hardware gently spins in the cooling
fan's breeze, may your RAM capacity always
exceed you swap space need.

And when the very backbone of the internet
is down for a reboot,
may you always be able to grab a land line
and phone home.


-------------------------

I have challenged myself to write a blessing once a week.

8 comments:

Shadow said...

how very clever this one. and since i read 'phone home' i wonder what et's up to. the mind and it's associations....

MuseSwings said...

Tis a wonderful and much needed blessing!

Jessie said...

nice, witty blessing

clean and crazy said...

very cute, I like the thought of blessing a blogger.

Wait. What? said...

ET Phone home!

Eric S. said...

So nice a blessing, and reminder. Nothing better than a call home to brighten your day.

The Oceanside Animals said...

That's the best geek blessing I've ever seen!

Jodi said...

Yeah well my server stopped serving me the other day and I had no internet for about 24 hours! It's a sad thing to see how dependent today's world has become on it! Especially yours truly!!!

Great blessing!