Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wordless Wednesday


(PRINCETON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, Princeton, AL)



(PAINT ROCK VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL , Princeton, AL)
This school actually serves K5 through 12th grade
Graduation rate varies from single digit to about a dozen.

11 comments:

Lori Watson said...

I like the brick. Is that a church?

LarryG said...

Paint Rock Valley HS is built from field stone collected from surrounding land.

Shadow said...

that's pretty deserted and quiet. what is it??? oh never mind, i just glanced up. duh...

Jack said...

That is cool! I love unique buildings.
Here in Nova Scotia, along the south shore there is an entire community built from beach stone.

Happy Wednesday Larry :)

Kimmie said...

Neat Hight School. Not your giant sized brick type of buildings.

Maude Lynn said...

That's a school. I thought it was a church, as well.

Neat picture!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I too thought it had all the off-the-main-roads-Southern-church look to it :)

I've been through the area and bought furniture there, but I hadn't seen the school.

Thanks!

LarryG said...

Paint Rock Valley HS is 15 miles north of US72 in the community of Princeton, AL

It is off of AL State HWY 65 about 2 blocks - you really and truly have to be going there.

The church a few posts down (last Sunday) is about 18 miles up the crooked highway at the stateline AL-TN in a community known as Francisco. :)

Lori Watson said...

Oh sure, you add details later so I look like an idiot asking if it's a church (Plus, you added a church!). ;-) And then thinking the stone is brick. It's a little picture, ok? And I obviously needed more coffee at that point! GRIN.

Kori said...

That picture of the church gives a me a great, calm feeling inside; thanks for posting that today.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful church! And the high school has much more character than any school I've ever been to! :)