Thursday, October 30, 2008

Friday Fill In #96

fridayfillin.gif

1. My favorite food seasoning is pepper sauce.
2. An "Irish saying" is music to my ears, such as "It's enough to make your mother hit your father!" or "A good beginning is half the journey".
3. Lucky is the one who is blessed by the wee people.
4. The sayings of the country folk and older folk is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people have lost the old ways.
6. A bottle of grapefruit juice and a couple of cards was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Trick or Treat with the kid, tomorrow my plans include attending a good friend's wedding and Sunday, I want to get back in the holy day routine!

24 comments:

Janet said...

mmmm, pepper sauce! Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend :-)

Jack said...

I'm fond of the old Irish saying also...
-A tout in the pot is better than a salmon in the sea.
-A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
-Half a loaf is better than no bread.

Have fun trick or treating!

Four-eyed-missy said...

Pepper sauce - yum!
I am seeing a similarity between Irish and Filipino sayings :)
Happy H alloweeen!

Sreisaat Adventures
HHiPP

SmilingSally said...

#2 lol I'm a little bit Irish, but I've never heard this before. I love it! lol

Melli said...

Feeling your Irish today? This is not THAT day -- this is the orange and black day! Green is a few months off yet! LOL!

Love your Sunday goal - do it!

Sheeshintx said...

I have to agree with your #4. Yes World Tour is out but we found out the drum set has some issues that haven't been worked out yet. Have a great time with the kids.

Polly said...

#4...great answer. Unfortunately, some of that has been lost.

Amber said...

LOL@ 3 & 4 and #5 is too true.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Halloween!

Liza said...

LOL it is knitting yarn :P

and yep, emeril's essense!!

i also like pepper sauce, as long as it's not too hot!

thanks for stopping by my blog =]

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm only honorary Irish by former marriage- and I had heard every one of those sayings! Must be my Scottish grandmother.
Happy Halloween!

Danielle said...

Pepper sauce eh? We have like a gagillion kinds out here! I am always entertained by the sayings of the country folk...very interesting things I've heard.

~Swankymama said...

I have never tried pepper sauce. Should I be embarrassed about that? :o)

Anna Lefler said...

Love the Irish flavor!

And sounds like you have a lovely weekend lined up...have fun! And Happy Halloween...

:^) Anna

christina ina said...

I've never had pepper sauce either. Is it more like pepper or more like sauce? :-)

Amarie said...

#5 is so true.
Thanks for visiting! :-D

Madeleine said...

Ah! Irish, my mom is Irish Donahue, yes?

Have a wonderful week-end, sounds good, enjoy the wedding :}

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and fun Halloween!!!

See ya at the church in the morning :)

Meg said...

Nah, I haven't been out in years. I had a fist full of tootsie rolls and made scones. I plan to spend the night catching up on my reading, I have a book about an "Anti Tourist" that should be loads of fun. I plan to finish looking through "the Buddha" book as well. We actually just had something in our back yard;we had to call the cops. Have a fun night, hope its not as cold as can be down where you are.

Ms.Scartastic said...

Love the sayings from #2. Too Good!

Thanks for the comment. It has helped to put things into perspective. =)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Maude Lynn said...

#4 is as true as it gets!

Michael said...

I have never had pepper sauce, ill look for that at ASDA next time i go, what a strange week last un was but its so true the saying "This Too Shall Pass" and it did, feel okay now still a bit battle scarred though

stephanie said...

The mother hitting your father thing is hilarious; I might have to use that even though I'm not Irish...

Hope the wedding was fun and good luck with tomorrow. Does watching football after church count as holy day routine? :D

Gia said...

I agree with #2: ''A good beginning is half the journey''.

I didn't know it is Irish! :D

Wordy said...

ain't it sad about #5