Friday, October 24, 2008

Preteen View


I had an exchange with my son across the table at the bagel shop.
I had just read Psalm 139 and had noticed v17: "
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Me: How many thoughts do you think God has son?
Son: Well, what is the world's population?
Me: Maybe six billion.
Son: Then, probably about 20 billion thoughts.
Me: So you think about four, maybe five for each person?
Son: That sounds about right.

That got me thinking - Surely there is one glorious thought for every person. Four or five? that is like, Wow! GOD!

- I so enjoy talking to my kids. Maybe that is how God feels too.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

a child's perspective is always interesting, sometimes very thought-provoking. they are good to be around, have around, talk to, listen to. have a great weekend, larryg and kids!!!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Moving how you can have such a conversation with your teenage son,
Larry. You're surely blessed.

Wait. What? said...

What a wonderful thought God! that he would think of me once in my mind is amazing - I rather like your son's view better than my own.

Cat

stephanie said...

I love the natural generosity of kids - and the matter-of-factness of their beliefs.

Your last comment is lovely. :)