an early fall to difficulties
leaves one feeling all alone
reality shakes the outer shell
rattles completely to the bone
Extracting love's idyllic dream
smashing, crushing words leave shards
killing the soul, puts imagination in chains
withdraws all potent winning cards
Long does hope's glimmer shine
fend darkness til light snuffed out
the fight for air, life's fundamental
the greatest struggle ever, break free
or die with muted shout.
-----------------
photo "i-appropriated" from Jack
6 comments:
Yep, I understand this feeling...I am breaking away yet it isn't so easy, 14 years to sort out, issues to resolve and this isn't even the heart.......
Basically the books were banned by religious and parents groups and the suchlike. The book I am referring to got taken out of public and school libraries.
Wow, can I sure relate to this.
What is with that photo? What were they doing there? So strange. Cool pic though.
you've described a feeling i've felt before magnificently. i think i'll hold on to 'hope's glimmer shine'...
and your header photo? that's soooo cool. i love it!
Your header is fantastic! Talk about being at the right place at the right time!
Larry, your "imagination" is not in chains in this one. It's soaring! Love the play on words
"...early fall to difficulties
leaves..." And love's hope glimmer shines in the reflection of the rear view mirror!Interesting!
Evocative and visceral...
Loving the new header, very interesting :)
Post a Comment