How can we see the future
as we look backwards
to understand our arrivals,
may enough of our past
yield understanding for
our bright future's beginning.
Riding the popular crest,
a tide of consensus awaits,
anticipates all that is helpful,
may tough choices sharpen
the inside of the leader
while choosing well.
May the great family
of all people receive
the gifts of a compassionate
leader with hopeful
acceptance, as a leader
walks forward aware of the
solitude the path requires.
May this leader have the
patience to wait, the wisdom
to act with timing, and
insight to enjoy the gifts
that each day offers.
13 comments:
lovely sentiments. the waiting and anticipating is nearly over. now's the time for doing...
Beautiful! This is a wonderful day and a beautiful verse to honor it!
If you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my bloglist of inaugural day posts.
Lovely poem for today! Please stop by for some scones and tea later when you need an afternoon break! My ChaCha security detail will keep me busy today so I'll check back in with you all tonight!ks for sharing for the party!
very well said! compassion, hope, acceptance, and the ability to narrow the gap of the divisions ...
That picture is a bit much for me although, I like your prayer/poem.
Thanks for stopping by my Blog.
Missy
You rock! Yeah Obama! This is something that I will tell my grandchildren about.That is what I want for our now president!Let's get stuff done! God Bless America.
So beautiful and apropos, Larry!
May our new President be guided well!
Thanks for this lovely work, Larry. I am watching all the inaugural day festivities right now and I feel a little giddy.
Beautiful post Larry, and well said! I couldn't be more happy about today!
Beautifully said Larry :) Let's hope it is a new beginning and great things will be achieved. I just think it is absolutely GREAT!!!
Beautiful poem. I am excited and hopeful. This is such a great great day!
Really awesome blessing I have hope for the future too.
I love Obama.
Enough said.
Post a Comment