Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - School Lunch

On any given school day this and more could be in the kid's lunch sack.

1. Beef Jerky (peppered is best)
2. Flaming Hot Cheetos
3. Almonds
4. Bottled Water (with a kool-aid single)
5. Celery sticks
6. Baby Carrots
7. Fruit Rollup
8. Vienna Sausages (in a zip loc with Hot sauce)
9. Soda Crackers
10. Soda Pop
11. Andy Capp Hot Fries
12. Little Debbie Fudge Round
13. A note that says "You da Man Buddy"

(I can't believe I left grapes off - :)

Inspired by my friend over at the Zen of Motherhood

11 comments:

Shadow said...

oh thank YOU for that list. now i've got more ideas for the beans....

Maude Lynn said...

Printing out this list . . .

Kori said...

Vienna Sausages? Eeeeeew, I personally think it shoud be illegal to MAKE those things! :)

Kori said...

oh yay for the note.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. It really means alot.

Jodi said...

You ARE da man! However not sure about those flaming hot Cheetos!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the awesome website you left on my blog about the Happiness Project!!! I can already tell it is going to be one of my favorite blogs! You have so many cool things you know about and you are so willing to share! Like the cool wordle thingy too! I can't wait to try that one out!

You REALLY are da man!!!!

Thanks Larry!

Lori Watson said...

OO, spicy lunches. Love it (except for the vienna suasages. Ew). We homeschool, so I have no lunches to pack, but get tired of the same old stuff. if I brought out the falming hot cheetos, i'd be a hero,lol.

Meg said...

I hate Vienna sausage, I was taught that if you can't get fresh meat/sausage you shouldn't take it at all because of the salt content, and besides- eww. I live in CT so junk food isn't allowed in the building at grade school level(or high school- college is a whole different ball game). And I cannot stand beef jerky unless I am about to starve to death. I like peanut butter (no jelly) or nachos(chips, salsa, a few olives, cheddar or feta cheese in a reused plastic deli container) brought from home. I guess somebody has to rat that stuff though.

ThisJane said...

Thanks Larry, have you been to the dream cruise? I suppose I should've posted more vehicles, there were some pretty neat ones there :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list of cheap and easy foods to include in a school lunch. For my part I'd take soda and juice off the list, I've learned so much over the years that the thought of poisoning my children thusly frightens me.

I also learned what they mean by "Mechanically seperated meat" I have to admit to my shame that I cannot have that either, that kind of elminiates most of what I grew up eating.

LarryG said...

ladies... ask your guys about vienna sausages, i think y'all are giving them a bad rap :)

Kimmie said...

My favorite...your little note!
:-)